HCI Giving Tree
Care, Give and Shop to Benefit HCI Hospice Care Services' Patients and their Families
HCI Giving Tree, HCI Care Services' thrift store, sells gently used furniture, decor, collectibles and adult clothing. All proceeds from thrift store sales go toward services provided to patients and families served by HCI Hospice Care Services. Visit HCI Giving Tree at 3330 100th Street in Urbandale (see map below).
Donor support helps HCI Care Services ensure our services are available to anyone who needs our care. No one is turned away due to an inability to pay for care services, thanks to our financial assistance program. Donor support also benefits our quality of life program and helps us make final wishes happen for our patients, creating lasting, meaningful memories for their families.
Why a thrift store?
Across the country, many hospices operate thrift stores as a means of raising funds for their services.
Additionally, the store provides a service to patients, families and the community as they look for a convenient and practical means to dispense of household goods they no longer need - and give in a very tangible way. The thrift store also provides exciting volunteer opportunities for the community.
Click here to join the HCI Giving Tree mailing list! Receive special discounts and notifications of upcoming specials. You can also join us on Facebook for regular alerts.
Where do I sign up to volunteer?
We need enthusiastic volunteers to work the cash register, assist customers, set up displays, sort donations and more! If you are interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us stock our store!
We are continually building our inventory and seek your help in stocking our store. Please see our "wish list" of donated items below or click here for a printable version.
- Furniture (please no ripped, stained or smoke-permeated items)
- Antiques and collectibles
- Women’s clothing: current season and stylish jackets, suits, slacks, tops, dresses and formal wear
- Men’s clothing: suits, slacks,
jeans, shirts and shoes
- Women’s accessories including shoes, scarves, belts and handbags
- Juniors and young men’s clothing
- Baby, infant and kids clothing and toys
- Baby gates, swings, walkers and car seats
- Housewares including china, porcelain and glassware
- Home décor including lamps, vases and framed art
- Domestics including linens, rugs, quilts and comforters
- Books, audiobooks, music CDs and DVD videos
- Patio furniture and yard décor
We Cannot Accept:
- Mattresses or sofa sleepers
- Exercise equipment
- All appliances
- Televisions and stereos
- Outdated baby and kids' items
- Encyclopedias or textbooks
Where can I donate items to HCI Giving Tree?
We can accept your donations at several locations. To donate large items, please email Cheryll Halstead at email@example.com or call (515) 270-2414. Donated items will be accepted at:
HCI Giving Tree, 3330 100th Street, Urbandale. Donations accepted at our store Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where do I find HCI Giving Tree?